Feb 9

Getting Paid for Your Picks

Category: Camping, Earn Lindens, Free Lindens, Paid Picks by Stone Culdesac

I first saw this the other day when I was checking out some of the popular places, a sign you could click and get paid for adding a site to your picks and keeping it there for 30 days. This was at Platinum World, one of the popular places that has lots of camping spots and sells skins. I took this pic on January 26th, so they have been using if for a few weeks anyway.

Platinum World

Dedric Mauriac first mentioned it here in this blog post, Get paid for adding picks, and I assumed that this place was just using the same system as Platinum World. Well, they are because the JVA Products Shop that Dedric mentioned created, I assume, and sells the product.

JVA Products Shop

I couldn’t find a notecard to see how customizable it is, the one at the JVA shop when I clicked it said that it had paid out the maximum and to try back tomorrow, so you can at least set a maximum amount. This will probably work well for awhile, depending on your search terms, the amount you are willing to pay out, etc, and would especially be advantageous to those sims that already offer camping spots, those people are looking to grab some lindens anyway, so the conversion of visitors who add them to their picks is probably very high.

But, this could be a double edged sword. The Google appliances that Linden Labs is using, or probably using, are factoring in picks in the search algorithm, which is why this should work well for awhile. Google is well known for being able to extract sites from their search engine by filtering out sites that do certain things, so, be assured, if they can take the picks into account, they can certainly do more than that, like remove sites that pay for picks, etc.

It will be interesting to see if this helps anyone who uses it and for how long.

Platinum World Today

Popularity: 6%

9 Comments so far

1. Dedric Mauriac February 9th, 2008 6:50 pm

It comes with a configuration note card with the following settings:

MONTHLYPAYOUT is how much to pay someone who has your location in their picks. They can get paid again after a month.

MAXPERDAY is how much the camping device will pay out in any one day. Use this to set a limit if you need one

ANTIBOT will cause a ‘captcha’ pop-up asking the resident to identify the letters they see. This should prevent any bots from being able to use the system.

REJECTNOPAYMENTINFO will only allow residents with payment info on file to use the system.

NETWORKEDBANLIST will not allow any resident who has removed a “pick” and then tried to claim at the end of the month using any Picks Camping system anywhere on the grid.

MINAGE is the minimum age that a resident must be to use the system. Set to 0 to ignore their age.

PARCELKEY is your special parcel key, leave this at auto or consult the instructions if it needs setting by hand.

I had to set my parcel key…

2. JudgeDread April 29th, 2009 2:03 am

Yep, SL’s biggest gamer Rebecca Vacano uses this Picks device along with lots of other cheating techniques.

3. Hattie Jakes June 1st, 2009 5:37 pm

Tracey Sassoon still has lots of bots on her Islands Alady and Noob Island.

Tracey Sassoon cheats the system by gaming traffic with bots for her own personal gain. Its a shame as there are lots of talented, hardworking designers in SL and Tracey Sassoon has decided to commit fraud.

Still when you look at the Alady products that Tracey Sassoon makes, it hardly any wonder she has to cheat - I mean who would buy that BIAB stuff??? yukkie

4. Rebecca Vacanno August 6th, 2009 5:53 pm

BTW I am Hattie Jakes anonymous post on June 1st 2009

I hate Tracy Sassoon

I cant help myself trashing her

she is yukkie

5. Rebecca Vacano August 6th, 2009 9:55 pm

Tracey Sassoon still has lots of bots on her Islands Alady and Noob Island.

6. Rebecca Vacano August 7th, 2009 12:39 am

Um, why would anyone want to see anything at Alady? You can buy her entire store for less than 800L! LOL I am sorry, but could you prove the value of your products in any louder fashion? I think not. And the sad thing is, noone buys them, even at that price. As for my sim, I have been there. I have top name designers working on my sim, just like other big name sims in SL. My products are excellent and I challenge anyone to say otherwise. My products are superior to any other. My product is much better than Alady’s. Also, it would seem to me that the writer of this blog should be a bit more responsible than to smear me in this article. Why not remove the picture, at least? To choose one place out of the literally THOUSANDS in SL that use camping seems to me to be a bit of a vendetta and really not a good reflection on the person writing this blog.

7. Rebecca Vacano August 7th, 2009 1:58 am

I am angry - because because of your article they made me take my bots away and causing my business to shrink to rubbish! My product is superior and I needed bots to generate traffic. How am I to pay my tiers?

Jealous fools!

8. Rebecca Vacano September 15th, 2009 4:55 am

hahahaha Linden Lab are so thick! they haven’t even noticed all the bots that I have. Whats the point of having a policy that they don’t police!

More fool them, that I am still able to rip off other hard working designers by cheating the system with all of my bots!

actually I don’t make any money because my products are complete rubbish! More fool the people that buy them as my shapes are nothing more than freebie templates!

9. Jupo March 4th, 2011 2:40 am

Earn 100% Free Lindens with Jupo!
    On Jupos Land you can make a lot of free money. Fill out free Offers and get L$.

In the Legal MonsterCamping Zone you can camp for 100 L$ in 60 min or 20 L$ in 15 min.