Feb 15

Isle of View - Valentines Sim Event from Linden Labs

Category: Lindens, Meet and Greet, Mozy Pera, Valentines Day by Stone Culdesac

Isle of View - Valentines Sim Event from Linden Labs by Mozy Pera

Okay so today is Valentine’s Day 2008 and I spent my day in a Virtual Valentine’s Hugs & Kisses sim created by Linden Labs, a great way to kick off my first report for thegridlive and I couldn’t have had a better time!

Valentine’s Day Sim

I arrived to a huge heart shaped sim colored red with heart prims everywhere and many Lindens were there giving out lots of Linden hugs and kisses and free gifts. This place was crazy, there were so many people attending that I felt like I was attending the arrival of a president or celebrity. Everyone eagerly awaited their turn to get a hug from a Linden, and there were even hugs and kisses booths set up at the outer perimeters of the sim. People were so cheerful and shouts were belted out from every angle. Many SL Mentors were also on hand to spread the love for anyone seeking that special V-Day cheer.

Mozy gets a kiss from a Mentor

Linden Kisses

While it was exciting and great fun to be there, I did encounter many times of sheer panic, all of a sudden the server would not or could not process my snapshots and walking was almost impossible. The sim was packed!

It was nice to see Lexie Linden, Mia Linden, Cupid Linden, Torley Linden, Periapse Linden and all the SL mentors who attended the event, I could tell people loved feeling like a part of something cool.

One funny moment was watching Periapse Linden try to use a few of the poseballs, first they were debarked, then he patiently moved on to the next kissing stall and tried again and then when I tried to get a kiss, of course his face plunged down inside my blouse! What a hoot!

Periapse Linden Kisses Mozy?

When Torley showed up, he was really upbeat, as usual and drew a huge crowd of spectators while he morphed into, um, well you might ask him what he morphed into, I couldn’t tell. ;)

Cupid Linden was the most adorable baby ever, answering questions and engaging in conversations with all the visitors. Very cute!

Cupid Linden

There were several avies proclaiming their love towards the Lindens and everyone was hungry for a most coveted handout called a LINDEN BEAR, they were all handing those out and how cute they are. I went back home to my sim and rezzed the ones I was given and couldn’t help but say, “Awwww!” What a fun event!

Isle of View

Popularity: 10%

11 Comments so far

1. StevenSDF Fisher February 15th, 2008 7:28 am

*waves to Mozy,* hey there, it’s the friendly dinosaur mentor. XD

The event was a real hoot! :)

2. Mozy Pera February 15th, 2008 2:51 pm

WOW! How could I have overlooked the friendly dinosaur mentor? OMG I do apologize for not mentioning you in my story, as you were so helpful and what an awesome avatar too! Blush Blush, how could I fail to mention how I had to have you copy all the event notes for me because I crashed and lost it all….and yes you were the one who I got my first hug of the day from there! You are my real hero!

Thanks a ton SteveSDF Fisher! Yes, the event was really fun!

3. Torley February 15th, 2008 4:56 pm

Ah, I morphed into a Totoro variation. The original Totoro is an acorn spirit… I of course am an Acorn spirit.

I’m going to share this with other Lindens, thanks for the article! =)

4. Torley February 15th, 2008 4:56 pm

Er, I mean, “I am of course am a WATERMELON spirit”.

5. Stone Culdesac February 15th, 2008 5:14 pm

I wish I could’ve made it now, of course, I would’ve been trying to kiss Mozy, but it would’ve been nice to officially meet you Torley and some of the other Lindens.

6. Geordie Superior February 15th, 2008 7:39 pm

Whos that sexy mentor in the black top and denim skirt? oh its me ! lol

7. Geordie Superior February 15th, 2008 8:29 pm

Pics 2 & 4 taken by me at Isle of View Vday 2008

8. StevenSDF Fisher February 16th, 2008 12:34 pm

*reads Mozy’s comment,* hehe thanks a lot, as you are interested in the av so much, if you IM me, I’ll give you the landmark to somewhere where that you can get them and other dinosaur avatars. :)

I’m just linking this article in my journal/blogs too. :P :)

9. Aribella Lafleur February 17th, 2008 5:11 am

Great post Mozy! Welcome to the team.
    Your article really makes me wish I had been there… although kissing baby Lindens would make me feel like I was running for president *evil grin*
    Torley is always colourful, of course…

Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading more of your exploits. Maybe you’ll even join my rowdy crew (-;

10. Mozy Pera February 17th, 2008 7:38 am

Thank you for the warm welcome Aribella! I am very excited to be a part of your team and I looking forward to working with you as well! It’s going to be an awesome adventure! Wink!

11. Mozy Pera February 17th, 2008 8:10 am

Oh so sorry Geordie, but I must have left the event prior to ever getting any pictures from you. I used only snapshots that I actually captured with exception to the very last image of the Heart Sim.